View All Rite Aid JobsRite Aid
As a Pharmacy Technician, you are a vital part of our wellness store team that is responsible for the day to day operations of the pharmacy and the care and service provided to our customers/patients. In order to effectively work with the pharmacy team and be able to properly serve our patients, it is essential that you successfully complete the Rite Aid Pharmacy Technician Training & Certification Program. The role of community pharmacies in the health care industry continues to evolve as does the role of the Pharmacy Technician. All duties described in this document are to be performed in keeping with the core values and service attributes consistent with the Rite Aid brand and strategy.
- Assist in the administration of Rite Aid programs including: Immunizations, Medication Therapy Management (MTM), Customer Loyalty programs, etc.
- Retrieve the appropriate medication from inventory, create prescription labels, adhere labels to prescription containers and place medication into prescription containers.
- Perform computer entry of prescription information including but not limited to: patient search, prescriber search, drug selection, prescription interpretation & entry, insurance billing and basic problem resolution.
- Engage with customers in a friendly and efficient manner while collecting customer and prescription information required to process new and refill prescriptions, including refill authorization from doctor offices.
- Pharmacy Technician experience or education required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Retail and/or customer service experience preferred.
- Pharmacy Technician registration or certification where required by state law.
- Willingness to enroll and complete the Rite Aid Technician Training Program within the specified period of time.
- Basic keyboarding/typing skills to efficiently enter information.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to meet minimum age and other requirements as set forth in state law.
Company: Rite Aid
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Health Care Provider
Job Location: Gowanda, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A