Website Rite Aid
- The primary purpose of the Human Resources District Leader is to act as a member of the multi-unit leadership team for assigned stores and districts, consult with leadership group to develop and implement effective human resource programs, policies and initiatives designed to sustain a positive work environment. Participate as an active and involved partner in the development and execution of client-specific and organizational business plans and strategies. Actively support human resources departmental objectives by collaborating with leadership team, staff and specialists in functional areas. The Human Resources District Leader acts as the primary point of service contact for the majority of human resource issues for the leadership group and associates on interpreting human resource policies and procedures. Coach and consult with leaders on how to achieve operational and strategic initiatives consistent with human resource objectives for the organization. Frequent independent judgments are essential. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
- Provide superior customer service by assisting customers with their shopping needs, handling all customer transactions in a timely and courteous manner, and responding to customer complaints/concerns with a sense of urgency to see to their resolution.
- Accountable for store cash and other financial assets, reconciling cash register drawers, preparing deposits, and ordering changes from the bank as directed by the Store Manager and/or the Assistant Store Manager.
- Assist with the general maintenance and appearance of the store by ensuring a safe and pleasing environment for both customers and associates; respond to any unexpected emergencies to ensure the protection of company assets.
- Ensure that all outdated product and product with less than 30 days until expiration is removed from the sales floor to be processed through the established returns process.
- Oversee that store inventory is regularly inspected in accordance with the Product Freshness Review Schedule as directed by the Store Manager and/or the Assistant Store Manager.
- Control inventory by performing proper receiving and stocking including accurate cycle counting, processing merchandise transfers according to procedures, and reporting inventory problems to the Store Manager and/or Assistant Store Manager.
- Attend to merchandising of plan-o-grams within seasonal departments, end caps, displays and basic inline departments as directed by the Store Manager and/or the Assistant Store Manager.
- Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
- Ability to work weekends on a regular basis.
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
- Ability to pass drug test.
- Ability to work day or evening hours.
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- In accordance with state law, candidates must satisfy minimum age requirements to sell and/or supervise the sale of alcohol and/or tobacco products.
Qualification & Experience:
- At least one (1) year of experience in retail, food service, restaurant or customer service industry, preferably at a supervisor level, and/or a two (2) year college degree.
Company: Rite Aid
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Manufacturing
Job Location: Norfolk, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A