Website Rite Aid
Ask any Rite Aid Pharmacist, and they will tell you the backbone of any Rite Aid pharmacy is the Pharmacy Technician. There is a chance this could be you! This is a full time/ part time role located at our store or another store that may have openings in and around this area.
- Accurately completing specific steps in the production of a prescription such as pulling correct medications from the shelves, counting pills and resolving insurance issues.
- Take a lead role in maintaining the Pharmacy department including with inventory management and keeping the pharmacy clean and organized.
- Provide compassionate patients service aiming to help the patient solve their problems with their prescriptions and also educating patients about opportunities for pharmacist provided clinical services.
- Perform computer data entry of prescription information. (We use a proprietary prescription processing and insurance billing system known to be one of the best in the industry)
- Communicate with doctor’s offices regarding questions or issues about their patient’s prescriptions.
- Auditory attention; ability to focus on a single source of sound in the presence of other distracting sounds.
- The ability to concentrate on a task for significant periods of time.
- Ability to move quickly from one task to another according to the needs of the pharmacy.
- Fine motor skills including repetitive motion like computer data entry and counting pills.
- Using near vision for computer work and reading labels.
- Requires high energy and working effectively in a fast-paced environment. This includes standing and walking for extending periods of time.
- Effective verbal communication; expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken word, especially when detailed or important instructions must be conveyed accurately.
- Bending, including to unload totes of medications (30-pound max to a height of 4 feet).
Qualification & Experience:
- As a new hire you will receive free training with our exclusive Rite Aid Pharmacy Technician Training & Certification Program. Of course, you will need to successfully complete the program to continue working as a Rite Aid Pharmacy Technician.
Company: Rite Aid
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Health Care Provider
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A