View All Mashreq Bank JobsMashreq Bank
- The incumbent provides leadership to front line staff that includes Recovery Managers agency channel and Team Leaders who are part of recoveries.
- The role entails balancing risk of collection while providing high levels of service to grow a profitable portfolio.
- This position is responsible for all aspects of recovery performance for the entire charged off card portfolio irrespective of it being from the Good Bank or the SAU Bank.
- Ensures that employees and external collection agencies are appropriately trained to achieve risk results while maintaining a balance with customer needs and without any dilution to the brand promise of the Mashreqbank.
- Assist marketing / credit team in developing customer knowledge based insights and a marketing program that will effectively leverage the bank’s capabilities to most profitably pursue opportunities
- Is responsible for ensuring effective collections within budgeted costs.
- Has responsibility for maintaining high levels of employee satisfaction for collections and recovery staff.
- Ensure excellent relationships with lawyer’s / collection agencies / law enforcement agencies supporting collection activities to leverage these towards achieving best returns.
- Develops relationships in competition / marketplace to maximize opportunities of implementing best practices that work for other people in different markets.
- Ensure the achievement of key financial results in a complex market environment with developing collection / legal infrastructure.
- Work with rest of credit center to incorporate insights from collections and recovery processes into enhanced underwriting standards.
- Ensure relationships with key collection agencies are developed to both deepen and improve the partnership and is seen by improvement in overall recoveries.
- Coordinates legal actions – ensures timeliness of legal actioning to maximize recoveries. Drives effective execution of legal strategies by leveraging relationships with lawyers and law enforcement agencies.
- Engage with others to enhance and improve the quality level of data collected to enhance unit’s ability to maximize recoveries.
Qualification & Experience:
- Banking experience incorporating collections, credit analysis, underwriting and leadership responsibilities
- Product and process knowledge – unsecured and secured lending products.
- Good motivator, attentive to detail, exceptional team leader, cool under pressure, responsive to customer needs.
- Knowledge of the legal and regulatory environment.
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong people leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Develop strong relationships with different agencies in the country.
- Strong knowledge of bank’s operations, sales and support environments, superior customer focus.
- Knowledge of multiple systems
- Ability to effectively manage external collection agencies and drive appropriate levels of performance.
- 8-10 years of collections experience and ideally should have managed a collection or a recovery team of at least 10 FTE
- Strong through leadership and analytical skills – ability to understand trends in portfolio performance and develop proactive response strategies.
Company: Mashreq Bank
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A