View All Jumeirah Group JobsJumeirah Group
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly talented and experienced Hospitality professional to join the Preopening team at Jumeirah Living Marina Gate. The main purpose of this position is to collect, verify and deposit the apartment and events cash takings daily while maintaining stringent cash controls in order to ensure that the SBU’s cash is managed in a responsible and rigorous manner.
- Count all cash, cheques and credit card transmissions gathered, and compare them with the cashier’s remittance report in order to verify that all cashier transactions and amounts have been accurately captured.
- Ensure that all cash floats are counted on the last and first days of the month in order to provide the accountants with an accurate summary of all floats amounts and a copy of the count sheets.
- Prepare and process daily bank deposits of all cheques and cash in order to ensure that all the SBU’s funds are safely transferred to a secure back account.
- Verify the contents of the safe on a weekly basis to ensure that they orderly and balanced.
Collect all front office and events cashiers’ remittance envelopes from the drop safe on a daily basis and verify them in order to ensure that they
- are accurately counted.
- Strong knowledge of financial control, compliance and reporting.
- Proficiency in software applications and databases, Microsoft Office and analysis tools.
- Strong understanding of key financial and accounting processes (accounts payable, accounts receivable, collection cycles, reconciliation etc.).
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent from an accredited and renowned University.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment, and a solid understanding of cultural in different countries.
- 2 to 4 years experience preferably within the international luxury hospitality industry or a recognized blue-chip organization.
Company: Jumeirah Group
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Finance Sales
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A