Website Jumeirah Group
- The Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management (EAHM) in Dubai is one of the world’s leading hospitality business management schools and an integral part of the global luxury hotel company, Jumeirah Group. It is a leading provider of University-level hospitality business education and offers both undergraduate and postgraduate degrees designed to develop the hospitality leaders of the future. All programmes of study are fully accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research in the United Arab Emirates and THE-ICE (International Centre of Excellence in Tourism and Hospitality Education) in Australia. It is also a higher education member of the Council of International Schools (CIS).
- Assessing student work to provide them with informed feedback on their submissions
- Fully participating in faculty and examination board meetings.
- Reflecting on teaching evaluations and contributing to a culture of continuous professional development and excellence in teaching and learning.
- Supervising undergraduate and post graduate student dissertations.
- Engaging in external activities including conferences and seminars to develop the academic profile of the Academy
- Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management.
- Conducting research to ensure that your knowledge base is current and to contribute to the wider academic community through publications and conference presentations.
- Teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students to develop their knowledge skills and competence as the future hotel industry leaders.
- Must have a track record of relevant academic output
- The post holder must have evidence of leadership in research
- Highly competent in written and oral communications
- Extensive University level teaching experienc
- Have proven and assessed teaching competence
- Must possess a Terminal Academic Qualification (Doctorate) in a relevant discipline
- Posses a very high level of discipline-based knowledge
- Have good and current knowledge of industry and educational trends and best practice
- Operational experience in the Hospitality Industry
- Academic leadership and Programme Management Experience
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in course and curriculum development and review
- Experience in the application of quality assurance within higher education
- Teaching and supervisory experience at post-graduate level would be desirable
Company: Jumeirah Group
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Education
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A