View All Foot Locker JobsFoot Locker
Our buying role is about taking calculated risks that create a buzz in the marketplace and supplying the products our consumers will love. This position maintains great vendor relationships, researches the market landscape, is innovative, and negotiates the best opportunities. The Buyer works closely with our planning, allocation, marketing and store optimization teams while always keeping our target demographic in mind in order to provide compelling assortments that turn our customers heads.
- Effectively partner with planning and merchandising team in order to develop financial plans for future seasons.
- Analyze sales reports and market trends to establish a pattern of projected sales.
- Work with the Divisional Merchandise Manager (DMM) to plan line review studies and reports to build a product line for a given season.
- Field travel in order to keep track of trends within the marketplace.
- Work with Logistics department and buyers from other divisions in order to coordinate product delivery.
- Work with allocation team to ensure proper distribution and allocation of product.
- Work in conjunction with vendors and/or product development to establish a line of product that meets the needs of our customer,
- while maximizing sales, profit and gross margin.
- Manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines while remaining flexible to change priorities.
- Prepare all reports for all budget and sales meetings.
- Collaboration with team and cross-functional teams
- Strong ability to be detailed oriented and organized
- Creative thinking
- Relationship building
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
- Software applications: Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong financial acumen and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate clearly with peers and upper management
Qualification & Experience:
- Knowledge of retail buying process and product life cycles
- Knowledge of BI (Business Intelligence) or similar systems preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and a minimum of 3 years experience in retail and ecommerce buying processes and product life cycles required.
- Knowledge of mainframe systems QMF, Purchase Order System, GMS, preferred.
Company: Foot Locker
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Purchasing Supply Chain
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A