View All flydubai Jobsflydubai
The ‘IT Systems Engineer (Security & Cloud)’ would ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operations of the IT Infrastructure elements with a primary focus on systems that are hosted on private and public cloud infrastructure. He / she should be capable of setting the standards and processes for monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all cloud-hosted systems. He / she should also be well versed with the current industry best practices primarily from the security point of view and should know how to harden and continuously ensure security of the cloud infrastructure. The Systems Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments. He/she will also manage relationships with Windows and Linux operating system vendors and service providers.
- Collect and analyse security requirements from internal customers; reconcile and remediate any conflicts with information security policies and standards.
- Familiarity with databases and web programming languages and automation.
- Documents and communicates all changes and installations to change management and Help Desk
- Setting up and maintaining the security architecture, security processes and procedures for both on premise and Cloud Systems
- Setting up and managing cloud infrastructure such as AWS and Azure from scratch
- Strong working knowledge of storage environments (SAN, NAS)
- Hardening of OS according to global industry standard
- Design, test, implement and monitor security solutions utilizing existing products in the security engineering portfolio: firewalls, proxy servers, intrusion detection/prevention, data loss prevention, anti-virus, anti-spam, vulnerability scanning, security information etc., or work with vendor partners to implement solutions as per the organization’s change management process and procedures
- Automation via scripting (Perl, Python, Shell)
- Expert in AD and Windows and UNIX security
- Manages installation, configuration, and ongoing maintenance for all server based software (Exchange, ISA, IIS, etc.)
- Plans for and implements operating systems changes or upgrades
- Expertise in using various monitoring, management, and capacity planning tools.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Good networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced degree preferred: Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, or similar discipline
UNIX and Red Hat Certifications preferred
- Relevant Microsoft Certifications (MCSA, MCSE, MCP etc)
- Basic understanding of ITIL Principals and/or ITIL Foundation
- Certification PMP or Prince 2 is desirable
- Certified in one of the following – Security Professional (CISSP), Cert Info Systems Auditor (CISA), or Global Info Assurance Cert (GIAC)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A