View All flydubai Jobsflydubai
The SVP Flight Operations is responsible to the Accountable Manager/COO for the management, operational control, and support of all flydubai’s flight operations. The SVP Flight Operations has the final authority in determining whether a proposed flight can be made in accordance with national and international requirements and in accordance with flydubai’s AOC.
- Ensure all operations comply with the Air Operator Certificate (AOC), applicable regulatory and legal requirements and company standards over routes and areas for which the aircraft are equipped and capable and the termination or diversion of any flight that may cease to do so
- Nominated Post Holder for Flight Operations.
- Management and supervision of all flight operation activities.
- Ensure that Flight Operations staff has the appropriate resources and training consistent with a safe and economical operation.
- Ensure flydubai holds appropriate approvals to conduct any and all flight operations.
- Provide an operational input to the construction of the business plan, co-ordinate and lead the flight operations management team.
- Establish policies, rules, procedures, and instructions governing flydubai aircraft and flight crew.
- Establish operational safety and security procedures related to the conduct and supervision of flight operations in conjunction with the Senior
- Manager Security and the Senior Manager Safety.
- Manage safety risks and security threats to aircraft operations in the respective defined operational areas.
- Ensure employees under his chain of command recognize and comply with aviation regulations and standards
- AFM‐DPI and OPT
- Sound knowledge of Aircraft Systems and Aircraft Performance principles and applications. B737NG knowledge and experience preferred
- Proficient in GCAA Regulations
- Proficient in Manufacturers Operations Engineering Software Applications & databases – Boeing BPS / BCOP /
Qualification & Experience:
- Degree or equivalent technical qualification
- Previous experience in an Operations management capacity within a Low Cost Carrier
- Minimum of 10 years’ commercial airline experience.
- Previous experience in Airline Training Department
- A current type rating on B737NG aircraft
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A