View All Dubai Metro JobsDubai Metro
The purpose of this position is to supervise and lead a team of Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing Services Technicians to provide effective maintenance services covering building services including mechanical, electrical and plumbing for Serco Dubai Metro.
- Produce and maintain accurate maintenance records of Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing Services facilities, equipment performance, work accomplished and other information using a computerised maintenance management system;
- Lead a team of Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing Services Technicians out in the field to carry out all level of preventive and corrective maintenance activities and minor modifications on building services covering platform screen doors system, station automated doors, building automated doors, portable electrical equipment, fire detection/suppression (FPS), tunnel ventilation, heat exchanger ventilation & air-conditioning, lighting system, uninterrupted power supplies, lifts, escalator, travelators; Some of these systems are installed along trackside, whilst others can be found in stations and still some others in depots;
- Supervise and diagnose cause of electrical or mechanical malfunction or failure of operational equipment, replace faulty equipment and handover/taken back to the electro-mechanical workshop for repair;
- Ensure the maintenance tools & equipment are in good condition;
- Follow the relevant procedures and work instructions to ensure compliance with the required requirements;
- Lead and supervise the line maintenance team on site in carrying out functional test, troubleshoot, and assemble/disassemble tests as required, repair and replace defective parts in motors, relays, switches, panel boxes, remote control equipment, gear boxes and other electrical and mechanical assemblies associated to platform screen doors, station automated doors, building automated doors, portable electrical equipment, fire detection/suppression (FPS), tunnel ventilation, heat exchanger ventilation & air-conditioning, lighting system, uninterrupted power supplies, lifts, escalator, travelators;
- Must have good eyesight and normal colour vision;
- Possess good communication skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment;
- Working knowledge in maintaining and repairing motors and pumps, relays, I/O modules, control units, wirings, bearings, drive belts, coils, gearboxes, damper, values, impellers, motor controls, air handling units, chilled water system, fire alarm panels, fire pumps, UPS, batteries and diesel engines, etc. would be a definite advantage.
- Vocational trade certificate or diploma in electrical or mechanical engineering discipline or equivalent;
- Technicians to carry out the maintenance activities.
- Thorough understanding of the use, calibration and care of various electronic test equipment and ability to interpret instructions in a variety of written, verbal, pictorial forms in order to carry out the maintenance activities as required;
- Ability to compile simple technical reports, routine business correspondence, prepare method statements and drawings as required;
- Strong organisational skills, detail oriented, and the ability to handle multiple priorities;
Qualification & Experience:
- Preferably with 1 year of supervisory experience in supervising a team of Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing Services
- Minimum 2 years work experience as a qualified Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing Services Technician in maintaining and repairing Mechanical & Electrical facilities covering platform screen doors system, lighting system, tunnel ventilation system, environmental control systems, fire fight system, LV power control system and emergency power supply system, lifts and escalators;
- Hold a valid UAE driving license with good driving skill and experience.
Company: Dubai Metro
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A