Website Dollar General
The Assistant Store Manager helps maintain a clean, well-organized store with a customer-first focus. At the direction and delegation of the Store Manager, the Assistant Store Manager assists with supervision of store employees, management and presentation of merchandise, completion of paperwork, and preparation of deposits. The Assistant Store Manager also performs stocking and cashiering functions, and performs other duties as necessary to maximize profitability and customer satisfaction while protecting company assets and reducing losses.
- Provide superior customer service leadership; greet and assist customers, and operate cash register and scanner to itemize the customer’s purchase.
- Assist Store Manager with scheduling employees, providing adequate training for employees, conducting safety meetings, and ensuring employee compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Assist in ensuring financial integrity of the store through strict cashier accountability, key control, adherences to company security practices and cash control procedures; authorize and sign for refunds and overrides, count register tills, and deposit money in bank.
- Follow company work processes to manage merchandise, including receiving, unpacking, stocking, restocking and rotating merchandise on shelves and building merchandise displays.
- Assist with management of the store in the Store Manager’s absence.
- Assist in implementation and maintenance of planograms; ensure merchandise is presented according to established practices and Store Manager direction.
- Open and close the store a minimum of two days per week.
- Assist in maintaining accurate inventory levels by controlling damages, markdowns, scanning, paperwork, and facility controls.
- Ability to drive own vehicle to the bank to deposit money.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier accountability and deposit control.
- Knowledge of cash, facility, and safety control policies and practices.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to perform cash register functions and generate reports.
- Good organization skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as diagrams, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
Qualification & Experience:
- One year of experience in a retail environment and six months supervisory experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent strongly preferred.
Company: Dollar General
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Sales
Job Location: Greenwood, MS, US
Application Deadline: N/A