View All Doha Bank JobsDoha Bank
- The incumbent will be charged with the overall responsibility of serving as the legal advisor to the Bank and the board and providing legal advice to the senior management with respect to litigations, contracts, investigations. The jobholder will have to vet major agreements, ensure adequate coverage of protection clauses in contract documents, and review legal documents, including briefs and appeals and provide legal opinion when required.
- Review tenders and contracts and confirms compliance with all legal requirements and contracts procedures. It includes confirming that the
- Bank’s tender or contract complies with relevant laws and regulations, confirming that the Bank’s legal interests are maintained at all stages of the procedure and recommending suitable wording to meet complex contractual requirements or objectives.
- Advice regarding conflicts of interest, agreements, claims and advising action to be taken to avoid or minimize disputes and litigation.
- Conducts/reviews new deal contracts/agreements and daily transactions, in order to be in accordance with the best interest of the Bank
- Provide technical inputs, including but not limited to legal analysis, drafting of laws, policies and development of procedures.
- Looking settlement of disputes & monitor the implementation of legal clauses.
- Participate in legal actions. Includes liaising with appropriate line management and analyzing legislation, case judgment from the court of appeal, drafting the brief and line argument for the lawyer, issuing all documentation.
- Write letters, claims, standard claims and rejoinders for arbitration and courts, etc.
Supporting in discrete legal issues
- Preference will be given to Kuwaiti Nationals.
- Analytical, attention to details, be able to spot and document irregular trends and patterns
- Methodical and detailed in documentation and follow through on issues and cases.
- AML laws and regulations
- Regulations concerning contracting and litigation laws
- Excellent financial services background with solid understanding of Compliances in the industry
- Disciplined and systematic in review approach and record retention
- Knowledge of banking regulatory framework
Qualification & Experience:
- Knowledge of the complexity of financial products and services and front office lingo
- LLM/any similar master’s degree is preferable.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar industry entailing responsibilities of legal advising and consulting activities.
University degree in Law
Company: Doha Bank
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Legal Administrative Other
Job Location: Doha, Qatar
Application Deadline: N/A