Website Al Ghurair Group
As a Senior Accountant based in Dubai, you will be responsible for reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures by utilizing appropriate accounting control procedures. You will be assisting the Group Finance Manager, the Treasury department and supporting external audit requirements.
- Assist Treasury department for the preparation of cash and trade position of the Group on a daily basis.
- Monitor all outstanding bank loan payments and assist treasury department to make necessary arrangements for the repayment of loan interest and installments in a timely manner to avoid penal charges.
- Assist Treasury department for the calculation the finance charges related to bank loans and overdraft interest to ensure all the charges that are applied are as per our agreed rate with bank and coordinate with bank in case of any discrepancy. Also,coordinate with relevant bank to ensure that all payments are done in timely manner without any delay.
- Prepare monthly related party reconciliations and follow up unrecorded / unreconciled items on timely basis. Also, coordinate with AGI Land department on quarterly basis for addition and disposal of land & buildings and maintain ownership document.
- Assist Finance manager in day to day accounting work as well as in preparing audit schedules and disclosures for both standalone and consolidation audits and Treasury manager in bank-related tasks to meet audit requirements.
- Record Accounts Receivable and Payable transactions of multiple entities within the business Group ; preparation of related companies’ bank reconciliations, management accounts and schedules.
- Excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles (IFRSs) to analyze financial reports and data.
- MS office – excel, access, powerpoint, etc.
- Hands-on experience using MS Dynamics 365
- Knowledge of accounting functions (General Ledger, Accounts Payable,
- Understanding of financial consolidation and sound knowledge of IFRS.
- Accounts Receivable, Fixed Asset, Cash Management).
Qualification & Experience:
- Qualified Accountant (CA, ACCA, CPA)
- Experience collaborating and/or managing Junior Accountants.
Company: Al Ghurair Group
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Accounting/Auditing Finance
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A