- Perform comprehensive plant surveys in order to initiate preventative programmes with particular regard to susceptible areas, associated with durability, integrity and protection provided by paintings, insulation, refractories and fireproofing.
- Assess the integrity of coatings, insulation, etc. and report atmospheric corrosion effects on coatings and other corrosion damages to coatings applied to internals of vessels.
- Inspect and assess the condition of protective coatings and insulation applied to LNG Plant and equipment at the required frequency. Assure conformity with the Company’s technical painting and insulation specifications and codes of Plant Inspection, and compile written reports on findings along with recommendations. Issue repair recommendations to user departments.
- Review, prepare and recommend strategy, guidelines and philosophy for painting programs, based on service behaviour of paintings, integrity issues and improvement needs. Discuss the procedures and guidelines with Technical Services personnel and provide technical guidance for implementation of programs.
- Responsible for updating and implementing all actions/guidelines contained in AIRMS associated with the application, service and inspection of all non-metallic materials.
- Provide an overall back up service evaluation of the durability of all paintwork, insulation systems applied and the use of specialized equipment for painting/coating inspection and interpretation of results as conducted within the LNG Plan.
- Provide inspection on both daily and periodic basis, to all Company and contractual painting works up to final acceptance and hand-over. Check and record coating and insulation performance in regard to retention periods
- Assess the integrity of non-metallic materials in service such as paints, insulation, refractories, fireproofing in order to determine needs for upgrade, replacement, repairs to ensure that preventive maintenance is undertaken.
- Draw up technical specifications to promote the arrest and control of corrosion by high performance protective coatings and insulation and with particular regard to various methods of surface preparation and specialist application procedures.
- Prepare reports on observations and interface with the Senior Engineer, Metallurgy & Corrosion /or the Team Leader Corrosion and Metallurgy to ensure that problematic areas of concern may be addressed for analysis and necessary remedial action is taken.
- Prepare and perform corrosion surveys in regard to ongoing maintenance paint and insulation programmes and maintain comprehensive records on the overall condition of protective coatings and insulation on Plant and equipment.
- Skilled in selection, specification and inspection of insulation, refractories and fireproofing materials.
- NACE/ERS or equivalent.
- Good Knowledge of relevant International Codes, Standard and Practices.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English.
Qualification & Experience:
- 5 years of experience in a paint inspection function in the Oil & Gas Refining or petrochemical industry, including experience in controlling plant inspection records.
- Materials Engineer/Mechanical Engineer or Higher Diploma Engineering with Internationally approved inspection certification such as
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Engineering
Job Location: Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A