View All ADNOC JobsADNOC
- This position provides legal advice and services to ADNOC and to the extent relevant, its subsidiaries/affiliates on existing operations and new projects/transactions, both domestically and internationally, with a particular focus on the Upstream Directorate. Ensures conformity with laws and regulations, drafts/reviews/amends legal opinions/agreements/documents and provides advice on safeguarding ADNOC’s interests.
- Advises on legal matters related to Upstream Directorate’s corporate activities such as joint ventures, mergers, acquisitions, incorporations, dissolutions and liquidations.
- Drafts, reviews, interprets and amends legal opinions, agreements, letters, memos, submissions and any other relevant documents related to the business, projects or transactions of the Upstream Directorate.
- Coordinates with Corporate Governance Department on corporate governance matters related to Upstream Directorate group companies.
- Provides functional guidance, as required, to assigned personnel within the Legal Division on complex issues. Support and encouragement to lesser experience legal personnel. Includes identifying training and development needs and organizing, in coordination with Training &
- Development Division in Human Capital Directorate, courses, seminars and orientation programs for legal and lay staff.
- Attends internal ADNOC committees, as and when required, to assist the activities of the Upstream Directorate and to advice on legal risks, including conformity with laws and regulations.
- Coordinates with Compliance Department on compliance mattes related to the Upstream Directorate and Upstream Directorate group companies.
- Assists in review of claims in connection with the Upstream Directorate’s business activities including through interpretation and advice on performance of signed contracts and prevailing legislation.
- Supports the development of junior Emirati lawyers and coordinates with other Departments and Functions on development and implementation of training and development initiatives.
- Provides legal counsel and advice to the Upstream Directorate on operational, commercial, corporate and transactional matters as and when required/assigned, including joint ventures, investments, mergers, acquisitions, incorporations, dissolutions and liquidations.
- Supervises work of more junior lawyers.
- Manages external legal counsel services, including review of external legal counsel work product, preparation of request for proposals and instructing external legal counsel.
- Assists the Associate General Counsel in oversight of the legal functions of the Upstream Directorate group companies, particularly in development and implementation of common legal practices and joint strategies.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Law from a reputable university.
- Must be a qualified lawyer in a civil and/or common law jurisdiction.
- Minimum 8 years Post Qualification Experience of transactional work in a reputable international law firm and/or in-house legal department, preferably within the oil and gas industry.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Legal
Job Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A