- Provides legal and administrative support to Legal & Compliance by conducting preliminary review of legal documents, drafting confidentiality agreements and memoranda of understanding, undertaking legal research and legal translation (Arabic to English and vice versa), as well as coordination activities of matters delegated from the Chief Legal Counsel to L&C Management.
- Prepares legal documents under Legal Counsel’s supervision, from the initial request by a Directorate or a Unit until the final stage of producing the execution copies.
- This includes reviewing the content of the agreement/document, discussing the content with the requestor and subsequently updating the agreement or legal documents such as confidentiality agreements, memorandum of understanding, resolutions, etc.
- Provides direct assistance to the Chief Legal Counsel in relation to: compiling, drafting and preparing various documents of legal and administrative nature and coordinating matters delegated to the General Counsels, Group Corporate Governance Manager and Group Compliance Officer.
- Coordinates matters related to the budget of the Legal Division, including, but not limited to collecting the relevant budget data, completing budget forms and discussing budget matters with the General Counsels and the Chief Legal Counsel.
- Creates, implements and oversees various projects within Legal & Compliance, including the document management / filing system project (for active documents and signed copies) by contacting internal Information Technology specialists and various providers of document management systems, discussing the requirements of Legal & Compliance and communicating the findings with the Chief Legal Counsel for his approval.
- Steers the implementation of the document management system and works together with the relevant Units in ADNOC to finalize the process.
- Conducts research with regards to laws, legal practices (national and international) and other legal and non-legal matters. This includes consulting online legal databases, agreements, related internal memos, internal and external policies and discussing findings with the relevant lawyer.
- Translates and reviews translations of legal texts including, but not limited to agreements, laws, resolutions and other legal documents (English to Arabic and vice versa). Verifies the compatibility between Arabic and English legal texts in addition to the accuracy of translated texts.
- Coordinates matters related to ADNOC’s vessels with other Units of ADNOC and with the relevant OPCOs, answers queries in relation to this matter and produces ‘Powers of Attorney’ for the various ships when needed.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant work experience in a reputable law firm or in-house legal department of an oil & gas company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Legal
Job Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A